Reaching our fullest, safest potential
We strive to maintain a workplace free of accidents, incidents and injuries—enabling each of our employees to reach his or her fullest potential.
Zero accidents, zero injuries
It is our goal every day to be incident free across our global operations. Every quarter approximately 80% of our sites around the world achieve that goal. We continue to improve that number and our overall safety performance through our rigorous Operational Discipline program, which mandates constant compliance with safe work procedures.
Our employee safety principles:
- Accidents and injuries are preventable
- Safety is a line management accountability
- Employees are responsible for their own safety
- Employees are obligated to stop a job or refuse to perform a job if it’s not safe or cannot be performed safely
- Efforts in safety yield results
- Safety is a condition of employment at Praxair Surface Technologies